Tel: (530) 421-8111 | Mail:

commercial van insurance
Home >> Business Insurance California >> Commercial Auto Insurance California >> Commercial Van Insurance

Commercial Van Insurance

Vans have been a popular commercial vehicle for decades now. They are versatile, have plenty of storage capacity and are a secure way to transport goods and work equipment to job sites and deliveries. Whether you own just one van or a commercial fleet, it is important that you keep your business properly insured against all risks. Failing to do so can leave you and your business at a major risk of financial instability should a claim arise. Here at Bains and Woodward Insurance we have the perfect policy for you and your business.

Whether you own your own business and fleet or you are operating a single company van, you will be required to carry commercial insurance for your business. Some of the more common risks we insure that that require commercial cargo van insurance are as follows:

  • Florists
  • Plumbers
  • Electricians
  • Couriers
  • Caterers

If you work in or own a business in one of these fields be sure to give us a call today. See just how much our professionals at Bains and Woodward Insurance can save you.

As a business owner it is important that you choose liability limits that are adequate to cover you and your business from any financial loss that may occur from a claim. Failure to do so can result in large out of pocket expenses and court judgments against you. The last thing any business owner wants is to lose profit due to a law suit or claim. Having good liability coverage can protect you from the financial instability that comes with an at fault claim. Be sure to ask an agent about your coverage limits today, be sure you are not paying for insurance that will not cover you adequately.

Be sure to ask an agent about purchasing uninsured motorist protection on your insurance policy. While it may seem redundant having this coverage since the law requires any driver on the road carry liability insurance at the very minimum, the fact is one out of every four drivers on the road is uninsured . If you are involved in a claim with one of these drivers odds are you will have a very hard time getting any type of financial resolution from them since it will all be out of pocket. Sure, you could take them to court and sure but even then there is no guarantee they will have the finds to provide proper financial restitution. With uninsured motorist your carrier will cover your medical bills and property damages up to your coverage limits. They will then choose to pursue the other party in court to recoup losses. This can save you a lot of time and money in the long run, and this coverage is typically just a few dollars more per month.

You will most likely want to look into purchasing physical damage coverage, more commonly referred to as comprehensive and collision coverage. This coverage will protect you from the financial loss that can accompany a claim due to damage to your commercial van. Comprehensive and collision coverage is not a typical requirement for most vehicle owners unless you are still making payments on the vehicle. This is no different for a business; however it is still a good idea to carry it. Having comprehensive and collision can greatly mitigate profit loss due to a claim by reducing vehicle downtime and paying for repairs. Most common commercial deductibles can range from anywhere from $100 to $1,000 with the premium going lower the higher the deductible. Having a higher deductible can make a comprehensive and collision policy much more affordable, and since you hopefully won’t be making frequent claims the higher deductibles should be manageable.

If you are going to be delivering goods or hauling equipment for delivery or installation you will want to look into commercial insurance to protect your transported goods. Sustaining a loss to your product not only leaves you financially responsible for the goods, it looks bad. Having commercial coverage means that any goods damaged or lost due to a claim will be paid for by the carrier to ensure their replacement at no cost to you or those you do business with. The sooner this loss is rectified the sooner you can get back to doing business as normal. Be sure to ask one of our agents about this invaluable coverage today.

Call 530.421.8111 0G13612.

insurance for a box truck

We are here to help regardless of what type of California Business Insurance you are looking for. See the list below for help with other types of coverage:


For Commercial Auto Insurance in California we specialize in the types of commercial vehicles that are listed below:


We are here to help you with all of your insurance needs. Request your quote online or call in and speak with a representative today!